Happy Saturday everyone! I hope you are just as excited for a day of R&R as I am! Okay, well, it is not all rest and relaxation - today is the day that I get to run all of the errands I did not get to this week and take care of all of the hose hold tasks that I said I would get to "when I have time...". However, even though today is going to be a little busier than anticipated I need to make sure I take some time to reward myself for a hard week at work, because as you know it is all about finding that balance :)
You might have guessed this by now, but I am the kind of girl that likes a salty sweet combination (see my post two weeks abo about Sea Salted Caramels). Which is why I was on the prowl for something that could satisfy this craving while not completely derailing my traditional diet and nutrition plan. That is when I came across Sea Salted Chocolate Covered Almonds by Sally’s Baking Addition...
You know those recipes that seem delicious, nutritious, and impossibly easy online and then surpass all of your expectations when you try it at home? Well, this is one of them. Upon first glance I thought this was too good to be true! Is it possible that with 4 simple ingredients are combined they make something oh so delicious within just a few min! Added bonus – you get all the nutritional value of almonds (high in fiber, great source of protein, loaded with important vitamins & minerals) and dark chocolate (boost in energy, healthy fats, and loaded with antioxidants).
- 6 ounces bittersweet or semi-sweet high quality chocolate
- 1 and 1/2 cups unsalted raw almonds
- Sea salt
- Raw sugar
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place chocolate in medium heat proof bowl – melt in 30 second increments (stir between each increment)
- Stir almonds into melted chocolate – making sure to cover each one
- Meticulously life the almonds out of the chocolate 1 by 1 – I used a fork. (you will notice I got a little last towards the end and dumped them out – that is why they are all stuck together – do not do what I did)
- Sprinkle almonds with a little sea salt and sugar then allow chocolate to set. I placed my baking sheet in the refrigerator and that seemed to expedite the process J
- Enjoy :)
Another fabulous fact about these scrumptious little treats? This is yet another perfect little Valentine's Day gift that will not break the bank! All you have to do is buy the ingredients at your local grocery store find a cute little bag to put them in and boom - a gift that says "I love you so much I covered each one of these almonds in chocolate & sea salt".