Happy Fridaaaayyy! While you're reading this, from wherever you are, I'm freezing my tush off in Denver. It's probably around 20 degrees and my Seattle-mild-weather-self just can't handle it! But don't fret, I'm also getting a massage today to make up for the frigid temps.
I am excited for today's post, though! It's our 11th Stitch Fix reveal here on the blog which tells me we've been doing this little blog for 11-months, which is just insane to me! This fix was pretty dang amazing and Stitch Fix has implemented a new element for feedback, they now ask you specifically for your opinion on the quality of the item which is fantastic, because there have been a few times where I've sent things back because I didn't think they were good enough quality to cost what Stitch Fix was charging. Now they'll get feedback on that! My point on that was... Everything I received this time seems to be of very good quality so I am stoked!
Before we get started, here is a bit about Stitch Fix if you don't already know:
- It is a personal styling service in which you fill out a style profile, give them links to your Pinterest style board and leave notes for your stylist as regularly or irregularly as you'd like.
- Your stylist takes the time to handpick 5 items for your fix that they think you'll love. These items vary from clothes to jewelry, scarves, purses and even shoes. For my Stitch Fixes I only ask for clothes because that is the area where I lack styling ability.
- They ship you your fix, you receive it and have approximately 2 days to try everything on and decide if you love it or hate it. Then you send back what you don't want in a pre-paid envelope and keep the items you couldn't part with.
- Last little details, Stitch Fix has a $20 fee for each fix sent to you. If you purchase any items the $20 goes towards your purchase and if you purchase all five items you get 25% off! You can get a Fix as often as you want. I am signed up to receive them monthly but I can turn that off at any time, set it up to send only when I request one or I could even bump it up to every two weeks (if only Justin wouldn't have a fit over that...).
Like I said, pretty awesome fix, so let's get started!
Fate - Dahlia Faux Suede Dress
Medium - $88
Yes, please! In my note, my stylist mentioned this being paired with my over-the-knee boots but I think it's too long for that and it also seems a bit fancy to wear with leather boots, so I paired it with some super comfortable wedges and called it a day. I actually posted this pic on Insta to get some opinions because I was unsure about it, but I think I like it more and more very time I see the pictures.
Erica Taylor - Karen Textured Printed Straight Leg Pant
Medium - $88
I have a pair of Margaret M slacks that have kind of a crazy pattern and are a lot of fun and fit amazingly, but they freaking fall down my hips all.day.long because they're just elastic. It drove me nuts but other than that they look and feel great, so I asked my stylist for an additional pair in a less crazy pattern and she sent me these. This is a different brand but fits just as well and it is just as comfortable, I'm super hopeful that they don't slip down all day and may even ask for a pair with no pattern next time :)
Market & Spruce - Colibri Plaid Henley Top
Small - $48
Love, love, love this top. I'd asked my stylist for a flannel a few times in a row and still technically haven't gotten one, but this is pretty dang close! It's got the pattern right at least. It's a pullover blouse, but a little thicker than just those flowy loose blouses which I like. It's got the sleeves I can roll and button and a few buttons down the top with a pocket. Basically, I love it.
Level 99 - Primrose Colored Skinny Jean
Size 4 - $98
Holy Shiitake Mushrooms, guys. I'm in love with these jeans (you can see them above and below in pictures too because I didn't want to take them off!). They are super stretchy and super tight which is nice because I have trouble wearing my over-the-knee boots with looser skinnies because they bunch, so these are just perfect. I'd asked for a pair of gray/tan jeans and these fit the bill for sure!
Honey Punch - Layla Elbow Patch Detail Cardigan
Small - $48
Kept! and that makes five!!
More elbow patches! I feel like I've been collecting these, so I should probably back off, but I just feel like they're such a fun detail! Please never go out of style, elbow patches. I know you're all going to gasp, but I'm not actually a huge cardigan person, I just don't feel like they're flattering and they're hard to wear under jackets because they're so long but this one, oh goodness, it's so soft and so comfy and kind of extra large which I don't even care about. I promised myself I would wear it so in the closet (cough, on my body for the rest of the day) it went.
So, like I said, pretty amazing fix! I want to point out a few things that I really enjoyed about this fix.
- My box was supposed to arrive the Saturday after Thanksgiving but due to the holiday it hadn't even shipped come Monday. I went out of town on Wednesday so it was arriving after I'd left. Stitch Fix support was AMAZING and just extended my due-back-date to the 10th so I wouldn't even have to rush to get it back in the normal 3-days, much less send it back before even trying things on. So great to work with.
- This box had a whole bunch of brands I'd never received before which is super exciting because it tells me they're branching out! For awhile I felt like i was receiving a lot of very similar items each month, but I think that's going to change now. Welcome to Stitch Fix Fate, Erica Taylor, and Honey Punch - I love you already.