As a child, your parents teach you right from wrong. You learn what is acceptable in our society, in your religion, in your household, school, etc. and you learn what is not so acceptable in those situations and environments. As you get older you learn more about right from wrong and you slowly learn that there is a lot of gray in the world. That not everything is quite as black and white as you once thought.
With all of the gray in the world, there are still a few things I know for sure. Values and truths that I believe stand the test of time.
- I know for sure... that you cannot love another wholeheartedly or in a healthy way until you love yourself.
- I know for sure... that working a job you hate is not worth the sacrifices you're making to your happiness. No matter the pay or the prestige, dreading going into work every morning is a miserable way to spend your life.
- I know for sure... that "No." is a complete sentence and no further explanation or reasoning is required. If you don't feel like you need to justify your response, don't.
- I know for sure... that if you do not set boundaries with people they will take and take and take until you have nothing left to give.
- I know for sure... not everyone is meant to be in your life forever, some are just passing through, and that is okay.
- I know for sure... that you will regret the things you say in anger more than you will ever regret your silence. Take the time to calm down and react appropriately, it is never necessary or constructive to say things just to hurt people.
- I know for sure... that it is very possible to have and defend your beliefs without pushing them upon anyone else.
- I know for sure... when you dress up and do your hair and makeup, no matter how bad of a day/week/month you're having, you will feel better about yourself.
- I know for sure... you have to want to be happy.
- I know for sure... That there is no good to be had by tearing other women down, we are not competing, there are plenty of opportunities in this world for us all to achieve success.
We have all spent our whole lives being shaped by our circumstances and the people we've chosen to include in our daily lives. What are some things that you know for sure?